Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Itchy Feet

Oh. My. Gosh.

I am so excited.

My boyfriend, Ethan, and I decided to go on a trip. A REAL one; we're taking a trip to London, England!! We were originally going to go next March, but I convinced him we should go in August of this year!!!  To be completely honest, I'd have tried to convince Ethan to go next week for spring break if we'd had the money.

The last "vacation" I took was going to Fargo and that ended horribly; there was a storm and we had to stay the night AND I missed class.

I traveled to Paris, France in 2010 with my best friend, Mari. It was such a great experience, and my passport has just been collecting dust ever since. That was my last REAL vacation, I guess.

I sat down today to book my trip. I found a GREAT deal online, $200 cheaper than the travel agency. I was literally vibrating with excitement, only to have my dreams crushed; apparently my debit card has a limit that I didn't know about, so the booking wouldn't go through. The bank was already closed, so I couldn't do anything about it tonight.

I'm so disappointed, there aren't even words to adequately describe how upset I am.

I emailed my "banker," and I hope she calls me first thing tomorrow morning. I'm praying the price doesn't go up dramatically, but who knows, with my luck?

Regardless, I'm still super excited to go to London. I love British television shows, like "Sherlock" and "Doctor Who." I'm already planning what I'll pack...is that weird?

You know what IS weird? They apparently don't offer free internet at hotels in London. I just assumed that was a standard amenity in hotels. Guess not.

Oh well. Keep your fingers crossed for me!!

No comments:

Post a Comment