Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Those Who Say Happiness is Sunshine...

"Those who say happiness is sunshine, have never danced in the rain."

I find rain wonderful. It's romantic and soothing. Rain, of all things, brings out my deepest inner creativity. I write all sorts of sad songs and such when it rains. I just wrote a poem about the rain! When the power went out last summer, my roommates and I sat in the living room and watched the storm through our big picture windows. 

My inner child LOVES to puddle jump and dance in the rain with my friends (judge me all you want, neighbors!). I also like to swim and play soccer or football in the rain, which I'm sure is totally safe. I love those days were it just drizzles all day long. Curl up in my big chair with a good book and a giant mug of coffee....it's like the greatest thing in the world. I'd like to try running in the rain, but I don't want to ruin my iPod. I think running in the rain would be all cliche and awesome. I like cliches.

Now having said all that, I HATE thunder. It scares the ever living crap out of me. I have no idea why; obviously thunder can't hurt me. But I've just never been a big fan of loud noises, which is ridiculous because my whole family is very, very loud. To be even more strange, I really like lightning, which actually CAN hurt me. My logic is clearly flawless. Just like me. Ha. So funny, I know.

Not that I don't like sunshine-y days, because I do. They serve their purpose. But drizzly, rainy, cuddle-with-your-coffee-and-book days are one of the things that I consider to be a simple pleasure in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment