Saturday, January 19, 2013

These Are a Few of My Favorite Things

Homemade soup, "The Help," and sweatpants; those are some of my favorite things. Especially after work on this cold, cold Saturday. 

I love "The Help." It's one of my absolute FAVORITE movies. I watch it anytime it is on; I actually watched it twice yesterday (they show it a lot on Showtime), and yet here I am watching it again. I cry every time, at several different parts. But I LOVE this movie. It might be because I have a giant girl crush on Emma Stone. She's so gorgeous!

My homemade soup is pretty yummy. At only 100 calories a bowl, it's pretty superb. I threw chicken stock, canelllini beans, corn, tomatoes, carrots, onions, spinach, celery, and fresh parsley into my crockpot (which I've discovered is magic when it comes to cooking!) overnight last Sunday.  I have never made soup before, and I'm pretty thrilled about how delicious it turned out on the first try. The best part is, since it's made in such a large quantity, it feeds me all week. I have a quick meal to heat up when I'm hungry, which is good. Then I'm not tempted to pick up fast food because I'm too hungry or tired to cook. 

Tell me this doesn't look AMAZING.
I'm thinking of doubling the vegetables next time. 


Sweatpants are my favorite for obvious reasons. They're comfortable!! Also, my house has large windows and sliding doors, so our house is always incredibly cold. I'm currently under two blankets, and I'm STILL freezing my toes off. Boo. 

However, despite the cold, I am enjoying my cozy Saturday after work. My roommates are at work, so I can cry at "The Help" in peace. 

~Simply T

2 comments:

  1. That soup looks amazing! And I understand your love for "The Help", the first time I watched that movie I almost choked from laughing and shock at some parts. Great movie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Hailee! Maybe I'll bring you some soup to class ;)

    ReplyDelete